Filipino Coconut Rice Cake
- 1 banana leaf
- 1 cup sticky rice flour
- ¾ cup rice flour
- ¾ cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- ½ cup shredded DarigoldⓇ Sharp White Cheddar (2oz)
- ½ cup toasted flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Spray a 9″ skillet with baking spray. Wipe banana leaf on both sides with a damp cloth, then cut into pieces so they fit into skillet, overlapping the edges slightly.
- In a large bowl whisk to combine rice flour, sticky rice flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk in milk, coconut milk, eggs, and 2 tablespoons melted butter until smooth. Pour into skillet.
- Bake 20 minutes, then sprinkle cheese on top. Return to oven and bake until browned and set, about 15 minutes more. Brush with remaining 2 tablespoons butter and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Let cool completely in the pan on a rack. Before serving, sprinkle with coconut.