Crispy Baked Fish Tacos
4 servings | Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons fine sea salt, divided
- 1½ cups ZOIⓇ Plain Greek Yogurt, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ pounds firm white fish, such as cod or halibut, pin bones removed, cut into 2” chunks
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 12 small corn tortillas, warmed
- 3 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Sliced radishes, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- On an unlined sheet pan spread out panko in an even layer. Toast in the oven until browned, 3-5 minutes.
- In a large, wide bowl stir to combine toasted panko, chili powder, garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- In a second wide bowl, whisk to combine ½ cup yogurt and eggs.
- Coat the fish pieces in the yogurt mixture with one hand, then transfer to the bowl with the panko mixture and use your clean hand to coat the fish with the breadcrumbs. Place fish on prepared sheet pan, leaving a little space between each piece. Drizzle fish with oil.
- Bake until fish is cooked through (to an internal temperature of 145℉), about 10 minutes.
- While the fish bakes, in a medium bowl whisk or stir to combine remaining 1 cup yogurt, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Serve fish immediately, with lemon-yogurt sauce, tortillas, cabbage, green onion, lime wedges, and radishes on the side so everyone can assemble their own tacos. When assembling tacos, flake the fish pieces apart a bit.