Hot chocolate, café latte, and now the latest warm dairy-based beverage for your enjoyment – Moon Milk!
Inspired by the ancient holistic practice of Ayurveda, Moon Milk is typically a mix of honey, cinnamon and cow’s milk and is often used as a remedy for sleep deprivation consumed before bed. It’s also a lovely warm drink for a rainy afternoon. However and wherever you choose to try out our recipe, we hope you enjoy!
Blue Moon Milk
Makes 1 serving
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon blue-green algae powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Roughly crushed dried rose petals
- In a small saucepan gently heat milk and maple syrup over medium heat just until steaming.
- In a small bowl stir together cinnamon and algae powder. Pour a little of the milk into the mixture and stir until combined. Whisk mixture into milk in a saucepan, then stir in vanilla.
- To serve, pour milk into a warmed mug and sprinkle with rose petals.
- Takes about 10 minutes!