Baked Chicken and Feta Meatballs
6 servings | Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ¼ red onion, very finely chopped
- ½ cup very finely crumbled Appel Farms Basil Tomato Feta
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- ¼ cup fine, dry breadcrumbs (store-bought or made from stale bread)
- 1 large egg
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 (24oz) jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, onion, feta, parsley, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt. Use your hands to mix the ingredients until well combined.
- Use a tablespoon to measure out meatball mixture, then shape each portion into a ball by rolling it between your palms.
- Pour marinara into the bottom of a 13×9” baking dish. Place meatballs in the sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake meatballs until cooked to an internal temperature of 165℉ and the cheese is melted and starting to brown, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.